1. What does Shipping Protection cover?
Shipping Protection is a value-added service provided by Seel. It covers delayed, damaged, lost items, and delayed order fulfillment that meet the following criteria:
1) Fulfillment Delay
Shipping Protection guarantees that covered order is fulfilled within 9 days from the order date. If the shipment is not fulfilled within the specified timeframe, we provide unconditional order cancellation with a full refund.
2) Arrival delay
International packages not delivered before the 30th day following order fulfillment are considered delayed. The compensation for delayed packages is $5 USD. (Note: The time of Indonesia is 40 days)
International packages not delivered before the 60th day following order fulfillment are considered lost. The compensation for lost packages is the actual value paid for the purchased item(s).
Any shipment that displays a "delivery" scan but is not received by the customer is deemed a case of "porch piracy," which falls under the category of loss. However, additional supporting documentation may be necessary to determine eligibility for compensation.
Shipping Protection covers item damage to the point that the item(s) are unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc., but does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items. The compensation for damaged items is up to the actual value paid for the purchased item(s).
* Total compensation for one cover is up to the value actually paid for the item(s).
2. How does Shipping Protection resolve my issues?
When covered issues arise, shoppers can easily have them resolved at Seel Resolution Center.
To qualify for a payout, shoppers need to follow the issue reporting requirements:
1) Issues of loss, where the package is “not delivered” as per the carrier's information, must be reported within 90 days after the order date. Case of “porch piracy”, however, where the package is “delivered” according to carrier, must be reported within 7 days from the time the carrier’s information is updated to “delivered”.
2) Issues of damage, where the package is delivered, must be reported within 7 days from the time the carrier’s information is updated to “delivered”.
3) Issues of delay, where the package is delivered, must not be reported sooner than 30 days for international shipments. All issues must be reported within 90 days of the order date.
Shoppers can access Seel Resolution Center from their order page, or the Shipping Protection confirmation email that Seel sent.
Compensation is paid out via Tremendous virtual visa card. Shoppers can also choose to redeem the amount to their PayPal account.
3. What Support Docs are required for an eligible payout under Shipping Protection?
- Clear photo(s) of the carrier packaging and product package (if applicable)
- Clear photo(s) of how the item(s) are damaged
- If carrier’s information shows the package is lost, no additional docs are required
- If the package is shown “delivered” but not received (porch piracy), we require one of the following as the support doc:
- Police Report
- Security Footage
- Carrier Letter
- Written documentation from an authority/leasing office detailing the incident
3) Arrival Delay
Delay of arrival is determined by carrier’s information. No additional docs are required from shoppers.
4) Fulfilment Delay
Delay of fulfilment is determined by the order date. No additional docs are required from shoppers.
4. If Shipping Protection can be cancelled after purchase?
It is possible to cancel the purchase Shipping Protection before the item(s) are shipped. Shipping Protection takes effect from the moment the item(s) are shipped and ends upon delivery. If the user requests a return and refund after delivery, the value of Shipping Protection will not be refunded.